Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturday + Welding = GOOOOOD

Well, to the person who threw away their trampoline a few months ago: Thank you! I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it when I picked them up, but I figured there must be a sculpture in that pile of pipe somewhere. And it didn't come quickly. In fact, I almost, ALMOST, threw it all away once myself. Now I am glad I didn't.

Now the real agonizing begins. To embellish further or not? I have a tendency to want to weld this and that all over the damn thing. But I have decided to let it stay like this for a while, so I can decide if it really needs anything more. Perhaps it does, perhaps it does not. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sculpture...paint it and it'll really pop. It would look great in vibrant colors!

Anonymous said...

DONT, i repeat.. DO NOT paint that! its metal. if anything, put a patina or grind pattern on it. paint is a disgrace to metal. I am a welder/artist myself. your work is good, but it is lacking something.. maybe wrap the pipes with small dark metal tube or something

Anonymous said...

I agree with the welder/artist...let it rust into the ground, mother nature taking back.

PP