Saturday, November 3, 2007

More Saturday Metal Sculpture Action = GOOOD

Well, what can I say, in welding and metal sculpture, sometimes one is NOT enough. So I was on a roll, and I created this smaller piece for my office. I have always wanted to mix the texture of the cord, string, rope, whatever, with the strength and spirit of the steel. This is my first, very minor, attempt.

Basically, it is meant as an exercise piece, so that when I am at work and need to remind my self who I am, I can look at this and remember. Also, the mix of techniques and materials will get my creative juices going at work so I can be thinking about my next pieces. As always, I struggled with whether or not to embellish further, and whether or not to paint it. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Planet Earth to Wayne the accountant... Hello Wayne do you read me! Wayne why are you wasting your life at a job you hate when you are obviously more interested in art. I don't know anything about art but your piece looks pretty cool to me.

Anonymous said...

Its not a bad idea to keep a day job. I like your work and I'm trying to get started doing some of my own.