Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Misery or Happiness

A question I ponder quite often of late. Are we, some of us, miserable simply because we CHOOSE to be miserable? Perhaps that is the case. For myself, I have become suspicious of this possibility. So I am on notice, to watch for the signs... am I practicing 'miserability'? Am I producing gloom and despair for my own personal consumption? If so, how do I stop myself? Am I a freaking Jekyll and Hyde???

In the meantime, I have to go prepare for my next dose of dualism... forgive me if I rush off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Wayne i think people can produce their own misery; most things in life are based on perception. if you have a preconcieved idea that you're going to find something unpleasant then it will probably turn out that way. i think that's why people are affected by the weather. when it's sunny and bright people tend to be more upbeat; when it's dreary and dark it's easy to become sullen and sulky. Keep smiling; life is like pizza; even when it's not great...it's still pretty good.